L Visas

L Visas 2018-05-01T09:35:15+00:00

The San Francisco Bay Area Law Office of Peter Duong takes special care in cases involving L visas, which include: L-1 visas or L1 visas, L-1A visas or L1A visas, and L-1B visas or L1B visas.

L-1 visa or L1 Visa

An L-1 visa or L1 visa is a government document that allows immigrants to enter the United States for the purpose of work under L-1 or L1 status.

L-1 visas or L1 visas are available to employees of an international company with offices located in both the United States and abroad. Likewise, this visa allows foreign workers to relocate to the corporation’s United States office after having worked abroad for the company for at least one continuous year within the previous three prior to admission in the United States.

The United States and non-United States employers must be related in one of the following ways:

  • Parent and subsidiary
  • Branch and headquarters
  • Sister companies owned by a mutual parent
  • Affiliates owned by the same or people in approximately the same percentages

Additionally, the L-1 classification or L1 classification allows foreign companies not affiliated with a United States office to send an employee to the United States to help establish one.

The L-1 visa or L1 visa is only valid for a short period of time, from three months to five years, based on nationality and a reciprocity schedule. With granted extensions, however, the maximum stay is seven years.

L-1A Nonimmigrant Visa or L1A Nonimmigrant Visa

The L-1A nonimmigrant visa or L1A nonimmigrant visa classification allows a United States employer to transfer an executive employee or a manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. Moreover, this classification allows a foreign company to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing affiliation.

L-1B Nonimmigrant Visa or L1B Nonimmigrant Visa

The L-1B nonimmigrant visa classification or L1B nonimmigrant visa enables United States employers the ability to transfer a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. Likewise, this classification allows foreign companies who do not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send a specialized knowledge employee to the United States to help establish one. In turn, and on behalf of the employee, the employer must file Form I-129.

For assistance with L visas call us today!


Or complete the quick contact form on the right

and we will respond within 24 hours.

Toggle Sliding Bar Area

Contact Us

Translate »