Fiancee/Fiance, Marriage, K-1, and K-2 Visa

///Fiancee/Fiance, Marriage, K-1, and K-2 Visa
Fiancee/Fiance, Marriage, K-1, and K-2 Visa 2018-05-01T09:35:15+00:00


We specialize in a variety of visas like the fiancee visa and fiance visa, Marriage visa, and K visas including K-1 visas, K-2 visas, k1 visas, and k2 visas.

Fiancee Visa/Fiance Visa

If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancee/fiance is already residing legally in the United States, you do not need to file for a fiancee visa or fiance visa.

Once the visa has been issued, the fiancee visa or fiance visa allows the fiancee/fiance to enter the United States for 90 days so that the marriage ceremony can take place. after the marriage is official, the spouse may apply for permanent residence and remain in the United States while USCIS processes the application.

For more information on how to help your fiancee/fiance become a U.S. citizen, click here.

Marriage Visa

If you are a United States citizen in search of gaining citizenship for your spouse, there are two ways to bring your spouse to the United States.

Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1)

To receive an immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, you will require the I-130 form.

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3)

For this visa, two petitions are required: Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130, and Petition for Alien fiancee/fiance, Form I-129F.

K-1 Visa/K1 Visa

The K-1 visa or K1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancee/fiance to travel to the United States and marry their United States citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival, or depart the United States.

After the couple has become married, the foreign partner will adjust status to become a legal resident of the United States or, Green Card holder. While the K-1 visa or K1 visa is classified as a non-immigrant visa, it can lead to important immigration benefits and is processed by the Immigrant Visa section of United States embassies. If a  K-1 visa or K1 visa  holder does not marry their United States citizen petitioner within the allotted 90 days of entry, then he or she must depart from the United States within 30 days times.

K-2 (K2) Visa

If you have received a K-1 visa or K1 visa or a  fiancee visa or fiance visa, your unmarried children under the age of 21, may be eligible to accompany you to the United States. They will be given K-2 visa or K2 visas. This applies to the children whether or not they are the biological children of your United States citizen fiancee/fiance.

When it comes to applying for the K-2 visa or K2 visa, children will have to go through the a similar application process as the parents. The United States citizen sponsor needs to include the children’s names on Question 14 of the fiancee visa or fiance visa Petition (Form I-129F) at the beginning of the application process.

Qualifications for the Child/Children of an Alien Fiancé(e)

In order to qualify for a K-2 visa, you must be the child of the K-1 visa holder. If you are adopted, there might be certain conditions on your application. You must not have any record of past violations regarding U.S. immigration law. For instance, if you previously stayed in the United States, and for whatever reason, were “out of status” this could affect your K-2 visa application.

For assistance with Fiancee visas or Fiance Visas, K-1 Visas or K1 visas give us a call today!


Or complete the quick contact form on the right and we will respond within 24 hours.

Toggle Sliding Bar Area

Contact Us

Translate »